The Jeune twin set is a sweet vintage inspired top and skirt with simple details. The Jeune top features a round neckline at the front which can be accented with a half peter pan collar or tie collar. The short dolman sleeves sit over the shoulder. The back neckline can be made rounded or V shaped and the hemline of the top at the centre back can be made straight or angled. The top closes with buttons or snaps at the back. The Jeune top is fully lined and sits between the waist and hips. No seam neatening is required for the top as the seams are all enclosed. Only the side seams of the skirt need be neatened. If the top is made with snaps and without a collar, it is fully reversible. The Jeune skirt is a gathered skirt featuring an elasticised waist. Big patch pockets can be added over the side seams and are integrated into the hemline. Wear the top and skirt together or as separates. The top looks great both tucked in or left out. The Jeune twin set is perfect for the beginner sewer. Jeune is French for ‘young’ and inspired the name of this pattern.
Upon purchase you will receive an email with the link to a zip file which contains three PDF files - Pattern file in home print format, pattern file in shop print format and Instruction file.
- Easy to assemble PDF pattern across 13 sizes
- Shop print file to print the pattern on just one large sheet of paper
- Measurement table for cutting the skirt without paper pattern
- Pattern and instructions for making the set for dolls (33cm/13" height)
- All measurements given in metric and imperial throughout tutorial
- Detailed digitally drawn diagramatic instructions which take you through constructing the twin set one step at a time
- Fabric recommendations
- Cutting layout diagrams